Sex Crimes Attorney Serving El Paso, Midland & Odessa
Being charged with a sex crime is one of the harshest charges you can face as an individual. Sex crime charges and convictions cause more damage to a person’s reputation than few other charges. Because of this, it is extremely important that you contact an attorney immediately if you or a loved one have been accused or charged with a sex crime.
If you or a loved one have been charged with a sex crime, it is important that you consult with a criminal defense attorney. When working with our law firm, you will have an experienced legal team who has extensive litigation experience and has worked on thousands of cases. We offer scheduled consultations to help you determine what your next steps need to be.
Different Types of Sex Crimes In Texas
There are many different types of sex crimes that you could potentially be charged with in the state of Texas. Some of those sex crimes are:
- Statutory Rape
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Abuse
- Indecent Contact with a Child
- Indecent Exposure
- Child Pornography
- Solicitation of a Minor
- Registered Sex Offender Issues
Penalties for Sex Crimes in Texas
The potential penalties you or your loved one could face for a sex crime will depend heavily on the specific details of the charge and if it is classified as a misdemeanor or a felony. At the end of the day, being convicted of a sex crime in Texas can lead to very harsh penalties. Some of the potential penalties are:
- Class C Misdemeanor - Up to $500 in fines.
- Class B Misdemeanor - Up to 180 days in jail and/or up to $2,000 in fines.
- Class A Misdemeanor - Up to 1 year in jail & up to $4,000 in fines.
- First Degree Felony - 5 to 99 years/life in prison & up to $10,000 in fines.
- Second Degree Felony - 2 to 20 years in prison & up to $10,000 in fines.
- Third Degree Felony - 2 to 10 years in prison & up to $10,000 in fines.
- State Jail Felony - 180 days to 2 years in state jail & up to $10,000 in fines.
Contact Experienced Sex Crime Defense Attorneys
At the Law Office of Romero & Warrick, our team is dedicated to helping and representing you or your loved one. You will have an experienced legal team who has extensive litigation experience and has worked on thousands of cases.
Our firm primarily serves the areas of El Paso, Midland, Odessa and other areas around Texas. If you are in need of an experienced criminal defense attorney in Texas, please contact us today to schedule your case evaluation.